Making End$ Meet
Although the school provides basic needs for their athletes, there are many reasons why fundraising can add a great deal in terms of program development.
Listed below are ways additional funds can be used:
- Provide the team with equipment which isn't mandatory, but can enhance the total program i.e. running apparel, time clock, finish banners, etc.
- Opportunities to travel further distances to participate in invitationals (i.e. out-of-district, State, foreign trips, etc.)
- Provide financial assistance to runners to attend running camps.
- Assist students with financial needs (i.e. running shoes)
- End of the season banquet or party where individual runners or squads can be recognized by the parents and coaches
Methods of fundraising may include:
- 12-hour relay